The original Swedish Acupressure Spike Mats can be used however you see fit and for all sorts of ailments. The Flex shown here has 100% soft spikes. Looking for something harder? Try the Classic (100% hard), or the Combi (50% soft spikes, 50% hard spikes). All mats come in two pieces which link together, so you can mix and match.
The Spike Mats can be used for the following ailments and benefits:
- Muscular aches or tension
- Stiffness in the upper body
- DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) from weight-lifting or exercise
- Treating muscular pain
- Increasing blood flow
- Receiving headaches
- Releasing oxytocin – the body’s ‘happy pill’
- Releasing endorphins – hormones which provide the body’s natural pain relief
- Relaxing and meditation
How to use
We suggest building up use of the Spike Mat so your body becomes accustomed to it. Remember, the spikes are designed to be sharp and dig into your muscles, but cannot harm you. Try starting with sessions lasting around 5 minutes, and if necessary, support your head with a pillow or cushion. If you like, try placing a towel under the mat to soften the pressure of the ‘nails’ and experiment until you find the right level of pressure.
One you have become used to the feeling and want to enjoy a longer session of use, lie on the mat for 20-40 minutes at a time, several times a week. You can use the Acupressure mat every day if desired. It should feel “nicely painful” to achieve its effect, similar to a deep-tissue massage which loosens you up. There are more detailed instructions for use enclosed with the product.
- Strong materials, will last a lifetime
- Medically tested in Sweden
- Environmentally friendly materials – TPE recyclable plastic (not PVC or latex)
- Allergy testing materials
- Hygienic and easy to rinse
- Patented design
- 5 year warranty
Sent direct from Sweden. Please allow 5-7 days for delivery.
Money Back Guarantee All our products come with a Money Back Guarantee, so if you're not THRILLED with your purchase, just let us know and we'll work on a refund. Ts & Cs apply. Read More >> Questions or comments? Read our Frequently Asked Questions, view our delivery services, or contact us.