The original Swedish Acupressure Spike Mats can be used however you see fit and for all sorts of ailments. The Classic shown here has hard spikes all over. Looking for something softer? Try the Combi (50% hard spikes, 50% soft), or the Flex (100% soft spikes). All mats come in two pieces which link together, so you can mix and match.
The Spike Mats can be used for the following ailments and benefits:
- Muscular aches or tension
- Stiffness in the upper body
- DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) from weight-lifting or exercise
- Treating muscular pain
- Increasing blood flow
- Receiving headaches
- Releasing oxytocin – the body’s ‘happy pill’
- Releasing endorphins – hormones which provide the body’s natural pain relief
- Relaxing and meditation
How to use
We suggest building up use of the Spike Mat so your body becomes accustomed to it. Remember, the spikes are designed to be sharp and dig into your muscles, but cannot harm you. Try starting with sessions lasting around 5 minutes, and if necessary, support your head with a pillow or cushion. If you like, try placing a towel under the mat to soften the pressure of the ‘nails’ and experiment until you find the right level of pressure. You can also start by wearing shirt until you get used to it.
Once you have become used to the feeling and want to enjoy a longer session of use, use your Spike Mat for 20-40 minutes at a time, several times a week. You can use the acupressure mat every day if desired. It should feel “nicely painful” to achieve its effect to start with, similar to a deep-tissue massage which loosens you up, and ‘warming’ after that.
In any doubt, please check use with your healthcare professional to see if Spikemats are suitable for you. Read the instructions, general medical advice and user guide here:
PDF Spikemat Brochure
- Strong materials, will last a lifetime
- Medically tested in Sweden
- Environmentally friendly materials – TPE recyclable plastic (not PVC or latex)
- Allergy testing materials
- Hygienic and easy to rinse
- Patented design
- 20 year warranty
Why choose Spike Mat?
Exclusive to Body Massage Shop in the UK, the original Swedish Spike Mats are manufactured from medical plastics in Sweden since 2005. The Swedish Spike Mat is the best way to enjoy the benefits of acupressure; don’t settle for cheap alternatives from China. Carefully looked after, your Swedish Spike Mat will last a lifetime.
Sent direct from Sweden. Please allow approximately 7-10 days for delivery.
- Money Back Guarantee - All our products come with our Money Back Guarantee, so if you're not delighted with your purchase, just let us know and we'll work it out or provide a refund. Ts & Cs apply. Read More >> Questions or comments? Read our Frequently Asked Questions, see our delivery services, or contact us if your question is not answered.
View this month's live offers and discount codes for Affinity, Teeter and other popular lines.